Friday, June 17, 2016

BOOK REVIEW - BREATHE by KRISTEN ASHLEY - COLORADO MOUNTAIN # 4 - ADULT CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE

By: Kristen Ashley
Published By: Kristen Ashley
Released : Available Now
Details : Kindle purchase, 554 Pages

RATING: 5 GOOD LAWD! STARS

There's nothing like the first time . . .

In Carnal, Colorado, Faye Goodknight is the town's quiet, shy librarian. She may also be Carnal's last remaining virgin. For years, Faye has had a crush on Chace Keaton, but the gorgeous cop has always been unattainable. She's resigned to live contentedly with only her books for company-until Faye suddenly meets Chace alone in the woods . . .

Chace doesn't think he's the good guy everyone believes him to be. He's made a lot of choices he regrets, including denying his feelings for Faye. Through his choices, he's come to believe the pretty librarian is too good for him, but after their time in the woods, Chace realizes that she may be his last chance for redemption. Soon, their long simmering desires grow to a burning passion. Yet always casting a shadow over their happiness is Chace's dark past . . .




BOOK REVIEW by Michelle:

It was wild. Abandoned. Rough. Wet. Intense. Fiery. Thorough. Exquisite. Heart-pounding. Blood-singing. Soul-rocking. Life-altering.

Luscious.



Yes. That was a Chace kissss.

Good Lawd!

I really don’t need to say anymore other than, Read this book.

I repeat.

Good Lawd!

Faye is just the most adorable librarian-geek with a HUGE heart. She loves Nathan Fillion, she loves books, she loves Chace and she wants to help a homeless boy.



In her outfit, Faye looked what she was. A native Colorado mountain girl who worked in a library and her native was native seeing as a line of her people had been there for thousands of years.



I gotta say after reading Ty’s book...oh my TyYyyYyy, I didn’t think Chace was gonna rock my socks off.

He rocked my everything off.

*whispers* Ty still has me totally naked though. ;) ( Lady Luck )

Okay some fun quotes because truly if you haven’t started reading any KA, get your butts to the reading order here and sort yourself out.

Kristen Ashley will always give us a town of sub characters who look out for each other.

Twyla and Krys. Bwahahahaa. They made me laugh. This is a kinda long quote, but it simply had to be highlighted.


“You think I walked five blocks in the Colorado Mountain March cold for no reason?” Twyla queried. “I’m a lesbian who can jack most motherfuckers up. I know non-lesbians who can do the same. You bein’ one of ‘em, I might add, though you do it with a shotgun in your hand. Same freakin’ thing. But bein’ a lesbian don’t make me not good at advice.”

I made a mental note of this and added Twyla to my phone tree for when I experienced a relationship emergency.

“I didn’t say that you weren’t,” Krystal retorted.

“Felt that way,” Twyla shot back, Krys’s eyes narrowed and she leaned in.

“Now you’re being sensitive. I’ll remind you, Faye called me," Krys stated.

“Maybe so, but when there’s a problem, it’s all hands on deck,” Twyla returned.

Krystal had no retort, looked stymied and also looked angry that she was. Not unusual, just scarier than normal.

I decided to wade in. “Just an FYI,” I said to Twyla. “I’ve added you to my relationship emergency phone tree.”

Twyla grinned huge at me.

“Great,” Krys muttered. “I finally get my shot, I get bumped because Twyla horned in.”

I blinked at Krystal because she sounded genuinely aggrieved.

It then hit me that Krystal Briggs had let me in. Not like she had Chace. In in. She cared about me. She wanted to help. I was past the hard outside layer that kept everyone out and was in the soft warm center.



This town, although it does come with its villains who like to do some dastardly things, it also comes with such colorful characters such as Dominic and Shambles.

Faye and Chace’s heads jerked to behind them where Dominic, the owner of the local hair salon, was shouting, “Immediate impeachment!”

Their heads jerked back to the front to see Shambles standing two benches in front of them, yelling, “Dudette, know this, I have the right to refuse service and never thought I’d do that to anyone in my life. But starting now, you can get your cappuccinos and chunky peanut butter cookies somewhere else! Talking about Crimson Stargazer like that when she’s finally found a hot guy boyfriend is just...plain...wrong but it’s also serious mean.”

I'm not gonna ramble on about the story, it is a KA recipe of Alpha hotties, shenanigans, villains, friendships and hot sex and luuurve making.

Oh and Deck can't go without a mention. His book is Kaleidoscope. Giddy Up! I think I have three books to read until I can get to that one...due to the KA reading order. * face plant *

According to the KA order I can now swing back around to Rock Chick Revolution , coz' we get a little surprise in Breathe and I got all bouncy when it popped up.

Reason why one must read in the KA order if one doesn't want surprises spoiled. 

Happy KA reading everyone. 


Michelle 





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you, your comments mean a lot to us.